We are running a safe shopping experience every Thursday, June -October, now from 12pm-5pm (please note our new hours). We are no longer requiring RESERVATIONS to shop the market. However, we may have a little line at the beginning. Please be patient, wear a mask, and keep 6ft apart. No one will be allowed to shop without a mask.
- The Melrose Farmers’ Market will be open from 12pm-5pm on Thursdays June – October.
- We will allow between 30-45 shoppers in the market at a time.
- We encourage shoppers to shop in a one-way direction.
- Majority of vendors will offer shoppers the option to pre-order and pre-pay before the market. Vendors will handle all food and bags. We strongly encourage the use of credit cards.
- Vendors who do not require refrigeration, will have orders ready for easy pick up and expedited shopping in the pickup area
- Volunteers will be posted to manage lines and at all turning points.
- Market staff will adjust the process on a week-to-week basis as needed – please bear with us as we all adjust to the new normal!
Pre-order with vendors is here . WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO PRE-ORDER VEGGIES THIS MONTH WITH Oakdale Farm and Dick’s Market Garden.
Please Support us!
The market will be running on a very tight budget and is taking a hit from decreasing the amount of vendors allowed to participate in the 2020 season. MFM relies heavily on vendor fees and community support to pay expenses and operate a sound budget. If you would like to make a donation to our market to help support our operations and SNAP fund during this time, we would appreciate the support! You can make a donation of $35, $50, $100, or any amount of your choosing. Please donate here.
Attention SNAP Shoppers
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Melrose Farmers Market has made changes to the SNAP program for 2020. To ensure you can continue to use SNAP and HIP to purchase locally grown and produced foods, please note the new procedures below:
- You may shop with an EBT card at vendors who can process SNAP and HIP transactions; market money will no longer be available.
- Instead of a weekly SNAP match, on July 2, 2020, you may request ‘market script’ in the amount of $40 (equal to 4 weeks at $10 each). Market Table staff will only be available on that day to distribute the market script. This script can be used at any vendor who sells food that meets SNAP requirements.
- Funds for the market script are generously donated to the market by local sponsors, but are limited. You will need to provide your name, town and an email address or phone number in order to receive the script.
- We will contact you on a monthly basis and let you know what the procedure for using SNAP/HIP at the market will be for the following month.
- All vendors, market staff and volunteers will wear masks and gloves while handling your SNAP/HIP transactions.
The mission of the Melrose Farmers’ Market, a non-profit organization, is to provide all Melrose-area residents with the opportunity to buy and learn about nutritious, locally grown and produced foods. The Market promotes local farms, organizations and businesses and builds community while contributing to a sustainable future.
Melrose Farmers’ Market
1 West Foster Street
Melrose, MA 02176