SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program):
The Melrose Farmers Market doubles SNAP dollars (up to$10/weekly)! It’s easy:
- Bring your EBT card to the Market Table to purchase Market Bucks (plastic script to be used to make purchases with our food vendors.
- Staff at the table will swipe your card and the amount purchased is deducted from your SNAP account.
- We will then double what was deducted, up to $10. In other words, if you purchase $10 with your SNAP/EBT card, we will give you $20 in Market Bucks to spend on SNAP eligible products (ie., FOOD).
- Market Bucks do not expire and can be used week to week.
HIP (Healthy Incentives Program):
You can also purchase fruits and vegetables directly from our HIP authorized vendors using your EBT card. The amount of sale will be automatically (and instantly) reimbursed. It can be helpful to do this part first, before you use your SNAP benefit, so as to assure that there are still funds left on your card.
Not sure how much HIP you can use? It depends on your household size:
- 1–2 people: $40 per month
- 3–5 people: $60 per month
- 6 or more: $80 per month
WIC and Senior Farmers’ Market Coupons are accepted at our fruit and vegetable farms.