Tickets can be purchased at the start of the tour at Bowden Park, 167 W. Emerson Street.
Melrose farmers, beekeepers and gardeners are opening up their farms to the public again this year for the third annual Melrose Urban Farms Tour. This is a self-guided, family-friendly tour of the best urban farms in Melrose. Get tips on edible gardens, see what’s needed for keeping goats, chickens and bees in an urban setting.
Join us Saturday, August 10, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. rain or shine. The tour starts at Bowden Park at the junction of W. Emerson, and Vinton Streets, adjacent to the Cedar Park Commuter Rail stop, where you can buy tickets, if you haven’t bought them in advance, and pick up the map for the tour stops. The tour cost is $20/adult, $5/child 6-18 yrs. Children 5 and under are free.
All farms are located within Melrose, making for a bike-friendly ride (50 minutes not including time for stopping) to visit each site. The bike route will be provided on the brochure for those wishing to go by bike.
Want to volunteer the day of the tour?
- We will need people at Bowden Park to setup then to sit at the table to sell/collect tickets and pass out brochures.
- 3 people for setup from 8:30 am – 10am
- 3-4 at to sit at the table to sell/collect tickets and pass out brochures from 10am-12pm
- 2 to sit at the table to sell/collect tickets and pass out brochures then take down from 12-3
- We’ll need assistants at each farm/garden location – 1 or 2 people per farm
If you want to help the day of the tour, email us at email@example.com.
All proceeds will help sustain the Melrose Farmers’ Market. The market is a non-profit 501(c)3.
We are still accepting Sponsors for the Urban Farm Tour. A contribution of $100 get’s your logo on the Urban Farm Tour Map and Brochure!