At the October 13 market, Jordan de Guzman from Bondat Foods demonstrated how to make a Soba Vegetable Stir Fry using fresh vegetables from the market.
1 package of soba noodles
1 small onion, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 poblano pepper, sliced
1 head of bok chop, sliced
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon mirin, Omegaâ€™s cooking oil or grapeseed oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cook the noodles in boiling water for approximately 2 minutes
- Combine ingredients of the sauce in a small saucepan, heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Combine all the vegetables and cooked noodles in a large bowl.
- Pour sauce over noodles and stir
- Put the vegetable a hot wok or high-sided saute pan. Turn frequently until the vegetables are done to your desired consistency. Top with bean sprouts, if desired.