We’re kicking off the season on Thursday, June 9 with a great opening market. We’ve made some changes based on feedback, like our new time from 3 to 7 p.m., but we’ve kept all of the things our community loves—fresh food, live music and fun events!
We’ll have more than 15 local vendors at the markets throughout the season, including farms with fresh fruits and veggies picked just that morning! View our summer schedule to see everyone that will be at the market, including our new vendor, Foxboro Cheese.
Bring your picnic blanket and enjoy our great tradition of live music with Julie Dougherty’s folk music from 4 to 6 p.m. The Melrose Pedestrian & Bicycle Advisory Committee members will be at the market providing free bike tune-ups and advice. Club Sprouts is back and so are the live cooking demonstrations.
To get you ready for the market we wanted to remind you of all the great reasons to buy local:
- Locally grown food tastes and looks better.
- Local food is better for you.
- Local food supports local farm families.
- Local food builds community.
- Local food preserves open space.
- Local food keeps local taxes down.
- Local food benefits the environment and wildlife.
- Local food is an investment in our future.
See you Thursday!