Amy Rindskopf gave another great cooking demonstration at the March 20 market. Amy used potatoes and scallions from Oakdale Farms, celeriac, spinach, tatsoi and bok toy from Farmer Dave’s and Pseudo Salt seasoning from Soluna Garden Farm to create a Spring Vegetable Hash.
- 2 medium red potatoes
- 2 scallions
- 1 celeriac
- bunch spinach
- bunch tatsoi
- bunch bok choy
- 1 Tbsp olive or other oil
- 1/2 tsp Pseudo Salt or other seasoning blend to taste
- Scrub potatoes, (leave peel for color and nutrients) peel celeriac, and chop both into small cubes, then chop greens and scallions, keeping the latter two items so as to add separately.
- Boil potatoes and celeriac in water to cover for 3 minutes and drain.
- Heat oil in a frying pan or skillet and sauté potato and celeriac for 5 minutes or until just tender.
- Sprinkle with seasoning, and continue sautéing for another minute.
- Add chopped greens and cook until wilted. Taste for seasoning and enjoy.
Note: To prep the day before for a holiday meal, complete steps 1-3 and then cool and put in the fridge. On the feast day, reheat in a frying pan or skillet with a bit more oil and complete steps 4 and 5 immediately before serving, or “heat and hold” in a crock pot or other warming container.