from Holly Pierce at the 6/25/2015 market. Here’s something to do with the bushels of zucchini coming our way. Top with the Tzatziki you just made!
- 2 medium zucchini, grated and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup flour or bread crumbs
- 1/4cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Combine the drained zucchini, flour or bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, egg and scallions in a bowl and mix well. season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Scoop tablespoons of batter for each fritter, flattening with a spatula, and cook until the underside is nicely golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side, about 1-2 minutes longer. Serve immediately with Tzatziki.