From Holly Pierce at the 6/18/2015 market. This quick and easy meal is so good tasting and great for you.
Makes 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices good quality bread
- 6 to 8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp Muhammara spread (or roasted red pepper hummus)
- 2 Tbsp garlic scape pesto (or pesto of your choice)
- butter or olive oil
- Lay bread slices out on a cutting board. Spread 2 slices with Muhammara and remaining 2 slices with pesto. Top pesto slices with 3-4 slices of mozzarella and cover with remaining bread slices.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and drizzle with olive oil or drop in a pat of butter. Lay sandwiches in the pan and cook until golden brown. Flip over and cook until other side is golden and cheese is melted.