Susanne Guirakhoo gave us this recipe to use those beautiful and tasty squash blossoms from Flats Mentor Farms – they are delicious!
Enough for 10 flowers
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- lots of herbs
- 1 cup sparkling water (can use beer instead)
- 1 cup flour
- Cream the cheese together. Carefully put inside the squash blossom using a pastry bag or ziplock bag cut off at one of the corners.
- Mix batter and coat the filled squash blossom.
- Heat a shallow fry pan with about 1â€ of grape seed oil until it is hot enough when you put in a drop of batter in and sizzles.
- Place the filled coated, filled squash blossoms into the hot oil, turn when lightly browned. It will be about 3 minutes per side.