Susanne Guirakho provided this nice summer version of a burger using fresh ingredient now in season!
- 1 cup onions, minced
- 1 cup grated beets
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 piece fresh turmeric (optional)
- juice of 1 or 2 lemons
- chopped, mixed herbs (parsley, chives, basil, young onionsâ€¦)
- pepper and salt to taste
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked brown lentils
- 1/2 cup oats (blended into flour)
- Brown onions, minced garlic and turmeric. Add beets and cook until they start to soften. Add lemon juice. Let cool.
- Mash chickpeas and lentils. Add all other ingredients. Let rest for about an hour. If the mixture is too wet, add more oats.
- Form patties. Bake on an oiled cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. They can be grilled before serving.