Massaged Kale Salad
Adapted from the Food Network
yield: Makes 4 servings
prep time: 20 min
- 1 bunch kale (black kale is especially good), stalks removed and discarded, leaves thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 c. EVOO, plus extra for drizzling
- kosher salt
- 1 t. honey
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. diced fresh strawberries
- small handful of toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) or whatever toasted nut you like
- In a large serving bowl, add the kale, half of the lemon juice, a drizzle of oil and a little kosher salt. Massage until the kale starts to soften and wilt, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining lemon juice with the honey and lots of freshly ground black paper. Stream in the 1/4 c. of oil while whisking until a dressing forms. Taste and adjust if necessary.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and add the strawberries and nuts. Toss and serve immediately.