From Beth Ingham’s, Noonday Farm in Winchendon, workshop on Simple Lactofermentation 9/8/2012.
Yield: 1 quart
- 4-5 pickling cucumbers
- 1 T. mustard seeds
- 2 T. fresh dill, finely snipped
- 1 T. sea salt
- 4 T. whey (drain from plain, whole milk yogurt with active cultures)
- 1 or more cups filtered water (no chlorine or fluoride)
- Disolve salt in water. Place cucumbers in jar with spices and cover with brined water.
- Let sit for 3 days then move to 40-50 degree basement or refrigerator. It will keep for at least a year.