Summer Zucchini and Sausage Stew
From Jen Gukelberger
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 lbs. of bulk Italian sausage (hot or sweet depending on preference)
- 2 red bell peppers roughly chopped
- 3 lbs. tomatoes diced
- 4 medium or 2 large zucchinis cut into 1” cubes
- 2 fresh hot peppers finely chopped or red pepper flakes, if desired
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large pot, add oil, saute onions.
- Add sausage and cook for 6 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add peppers and tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve in bowl with Parmesan cheese and crusty bread.
Could also add garlic and fresh herbs like parsley, basil, or oregano.