Garden Vegetable Quiche
From Emily Tenreiro at Coffee Tea and Me – this is the quiche she brought to the markets on 8/23 & 30/2012
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1 tsp freshly chopped chives
- 1/2 orange pepper chopped
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of cream cheese
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup of feta cheese ( put aside do not add to mixture)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute the onions in a pan until just soft. Add the garlic and spinach until the spinach is slightly wilted. Remove from heat, add the peppers and chives and toss together.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Fold in the cream cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the vegetable mixture into the egg mixture.
- Prepare your favorite dough, either a simple butter crust or Emily’s favorite flaky pastry style doug will work. (To save time you can purchase a premade dough)
- Roll out your dough and cut it into 3 inch squares. Place the squares into a well greased muffin pan; gently pat them into the shape of the muffin cup.
- Fill muffin cups with egg and vegetable mixture, top them with the Feta cheese ensuring an even distribution of cheese to each muffin cup.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown crust and egg filling is stable. Let cool and enjoy.