Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving, p. 308
- 3 T. pickling or canning salt
- 3 c. white vinegar
- 3 c. water
- 2 1/4 lbs. green beans, topped and tailed
- 2 red peppers, cut into strips
- 9 whole black peppercorns
- 3-4 sprigs of dill
- 4 cloves of garlic
- In a large enough saucepan to hold the beans and peppers, combine salt, vinegar and water and bring to a boil.
- Add beans and peppers for 3 minutes.
- Remove beans and peppers from vinegar mixture and place in a large jar. Add the peppercorns, dill and garlic in layers.
- Once vinegar mixture has cooled, add to the beans mixture. Let cool completely and store in the refrigerator.