Last week the raspberries at the Melrose Farmers Market looked so good. I decided to make a salad dressing for an unusual salad with these luscious fruits…
Watermelon Summer Salad
The major ingredient is watermelon a summertime favorite in our house. This natural hydrator is packed with the antioxidant and cancer preventative Lycopene, in addition to Vitamins C, A, B6, B1, Potassium, magnesium. Watermelon is only 48 calories per cup (whfoods.org) and makes up the bulk of our refreshing Watermelon Summer Salad.
- Half a watermelon, seeded and cut into 1″ cubes.
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, cut into 1″ cubes
- Chopped fresh mint (optional)
- Raspberry Salad Dressing
- Mix gently, dress with Raspberry Salad Dressing and garnish with fresh mint.
- Serve immediately.
Note: this salad can not be stored. Please enjoy immediately!
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- In blender or food processor combine raspberries, vinegar, honey and mustard and blend until smooth.
- Gradually blend in oil until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Refrigerate unused dressing.